Thursday, June 10, 2010

Applicious Stitching

I finally finished my new start.  I stitched this design on 32 count lambswool.  I know - I shouldn't tell you yet because a certain blogger has still kept her new start a secret - but I just can't resist.  The design is "Out On A Limb" from Primrose Needleworks.  This is actually the first design I've stitched from this designer.  The colors are vibrant and the stitching went pretty quickly.  I placed the little butterfly bead from Shawkl Designs on the bottom of the chart instead of stitching the little bug (I finally figured out how to get my camera to photograph the little sparkly) I started this whole project because I just loved the apple marking pins that I received as a gift.  I am thinking of using this stitch work for a sewing box.  I think I need to make some apple pin cushions to match :)

Take Care and
Happy Stitching :)

15 comments:

Mylene said...

WOW! You finish it very very quick and it looks GREAT!

Pumpkin said...

Lovely Patty! I was way off with my guess...

Meadows08 said...

That was quick! What a sweet finish!

Kttycat said...

Wow you flew through that!

Blu said...

Lovely finish! That apple is just so eyecatching.

Filando Rose e Cuori di Nadia said...

Very very nice.
Regards Nadia

Hillery said...

Cute project. Such a fast stitch. I'm impressed. Great job.

Lynn said...

This is just so sweet! I also just finished my first Primrose piece and I'd love to try more. Yours would make a great box finish.

Cindy's Stitching said...

very nice. the apple pins are so pretty.

Melanie said...

Very nice!! I love it.

Berit said...

I love this AND those darling marking pins. :D

Olenka's Stitches said...

What a lovely finish! I love the pins too!

Kathy A. said...

Love this one. gorgeous stitch. Those pins are wonderful!

Stephanie (Joie de Bayou) said...

I like this one, too (it is on my wish list). A beautiful finish, love the pins. Looking forward to your other apple accessories.

I also like Primrose's 272 Words, A Baker's Secret and Count Your Blessings.

My 1st Bambina! said...

How Beautiful !!! ... Your work and the pattern !
That cute tiny butterfly so cute !
(I'm just starting to venture into cross stitching found your blog google-ing).

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews