Sunday, July 4, 2010

Poppy Paperweight

This is a design by Faby Reilly found at Creative Poppy Patterns.  It is presented with several pages when purchased due to the detail work.  I have posted photos as this piece progresses so you can see the various stages of work.  This was very fun to stitch - Great fun to see the progression of detail within the design.

Cross Stitching and
Back Stitching Added to One Poppy:
Isn't it wonderful to see the difference just a few threads make in the detail :)

 
Spider Web Flowers Added:



You'll have to wait until next week to see the next stage and the finish :)
Have you guessed what it will be?

Happy Stitching :)

15 comments:

Meadows08 said...

I love the spiderweb flowers! I've wanted to try those.

Pumpkin said...

It IS neat to see the different stages! Love the Spider Web Flowers. I've never done one before. A Biscornu perhaps?

Filando Rose e Cuori di Nadia said...

Very very nice. Nadia

Sheila said...

That's very pretty. I like her designs.

Blu said...

The red is so vivid! I'm going to join Pumpkin in guessing biscornu. I know FB has a Poppy biscornu, so maybe this is it?
Either way, it's very pretty!

Jules said...

Very pretty! I will guess paperweight per your title, lol!!! Can't wait to see the finish.

Melanie said...

Very cool!

Elaine said...

Just beautiful, I love poppys.
Look forward to the finished piece.

Emese said...

This is so nice, waiting to see the full piece and the finish.

Patty C. said...

Too Funny
I am so proud of you Jules - yes paperweight is in the title - I wondered if anyone would notice - But this is finished the same as a biscornu :)

Lynn said...

Very pretty Patty! I have one of FB's charts in my stash. I think it's for a humbug. I love all the detail.

letrecivette said...

Ciao Patty! Nice , very nice!
Ciao Monica

CC said...

Hi Patty..
I came to return your visit and to thank you for your support in the theft of some of our blog..I do so thank you.
I've been looking about your site and it's just gorgeous...I've become a follower so I can be sure to find you again. I love the embroidery piece you're doing..can't wait to see it finished.

Meari said...

Very pretty!

Deb said...

That is very pretty Patti. I love those Spider Web flowers. Adds some great dimension to the piece.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews