Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blackbird Designs Exchange

My partner received her exchange from me so I can post the pictures now :)
This is a Box finish stitched on 32 Count Evenweave Rit Dyed (Tan) by me to give a primitive look to the piece.  It is stitched over 2 threads.  This is a freebie design from Black Bird Designs found here.

I added a little painted detail (Alphabet Letters) to the sides of the box to match the pattern.
I also stitched two portions of the "Small Token" design to complete the inside of the box:
This was so much fun to create -
Happy Stitching

15 comments:

Deborah said...

The box that you created is truly stunning. Whoever receives is a lucky girl.

Lynn said...

What a lovely exchange piece. You did a beautiful job on the finishing Patty! I love the added touches on the box sides as well.

Elaine said...

Wow Patty that box is just stunning. The receipent must be dancing with joy.

Bertie said...

Gorgeous box, such a lucky lady on the receiving end, the accessories are wonderful too.

Raven/Missy said...

What a beautiful exchange! The box is gorgeous!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Oh my gosh, how awesome is that? You did a wonderful job on it, Patty! I would have been squealing with delight had I unwrapped such a fabulous finish!

Christine said...

The box is stunning! Your exchange partner is very lucky!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I really like how you finished this up! So creatvie!

Mayté said...

Very Pretty!! Your partner most to be very happy with her new box :)

Pumpkin said...

Oh WOW! What an adorable box Patty :o) Did you line the box as well???

Mylene said...

WOW! What a gorgeous exchange you had made.

Sally said...

Oh wow your box is absolutely gorgeous. I bet your exchange partner loves it.

Meari said...

Very nice finish!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Great job!

Mare said...

A wonderful and creative finish! Nice job finishing and stitching.

Blog Archive