Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recent contest entry

I noticed that there was a contest going on at Niky's Creations recently.  Niky offered a free pattern to those who participated.  Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to complete the entire project, but entered a small paper mache box that I made from a portion of the pattern.  I stitched this design on 32 count platinum linen over two threads using the thread colors recommended.  I splattered the fabric and the pink ribbon on the top with tea to antique it a bit. I love the effect.


This design is truly fabulous.  It was a simplistically creative and well designed pattern that showed a great use of color. It was also a pretty quick stitch.  I plan on making a needle book and a pinkeep to match using the full pattern soon.  Thanks for the fun Niky - keep the designs coming !!

(FYI : I hit a very bad button on my designer template & nearly lost my blog - I am trying to get it back as we speak.  I have lost a lot of information so I apologize if you can't find something - I can't find it either - ;0)
Oh well, Nothing like starting over ;)

Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Samira said...

It looks really really cute!

Mylene said...

You finished it perfectly, great job!

diamondc said...

Simply adorable, such yummy colors.
Catherine

Lynn said...

Very nicely done! I hope you're able to get back what you've lost on your blog. Thank goodness you didn't lose the whole thing!

Pumpkin said...

CUTE! Well done and love the antique look :o)

Meadows08 said...

I love your finish! Very adorable.

What was the bad button so I can avoid it??? I hope you recover everything!

Brigitte said...

Looks so beautiful. Very nice finishing indeed. And thanks for Niky's link.

D@isy said...

This beautiful, congratulations.

Daisy

letrecivette said...

Ciao Patty! Lovely your finish!
Attention at the button!!
Ciao Monica

Татьяна said...

Очень красиво!

Sally said...

Patty your finish is so pretty.

mariaerba said...

I love your finish...
thanks for the visit on my blog ;)
ciao Maria

Blog Archive