Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Bird Designs Exchange 6

I have received word that my exchange partner (Mare) has received her gift, so I feel free to post the photos now.  This design was from the Honeysuckle Manor booklet, and is stitched on 32 count platinum using Crescent Colors Plum Paisley.   I made it into a pocket for the front of a purse I thought would work well for a stitching bag.  I also made a needle minder from a portion of another BBD pattern called : "Keepsake Box and Pinkeep" loose feathers pattern 33.
Take A Look:
Happy Stitching
Take Care

14 comments:

gracie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jackie said...

Cute! I love how the pin cushion has some non-stitched space. That way you don't have to put your pins through the pretty stitching!

Pumpkin said...

Oh WOW! Can you show a picture of the whole bag?

Hazel said...

Stunning finishes. I have just got the Honeysuckle Manor book and am also planning to make needleminders with some of the designs from it. x

Carol said...

What a great idea for a stitching bag, Patty! Your work is so pretty!

diamondc said...

Patty: This is beautiful you do such a lovely job of finishing, I am sure your exchange partner will cherish it.
Blessings
Catherine

Catherine said...

Beautiful!! Mare is one lucky lady!

Carin said...

That looks just beautiful !!

Lynn said...

Mare must be thrilled, it's very pretty!

Brigitte said...

Two very nice exchange pieces. And so creatively finished. I love the idea of adding a stitched pocket to a stitching bag.

Filando Rose e Cuori di Nadia said...

Very very beautifil the present, on the pocket is fantastic.
Hugs Nadia

Sally said...

Those are absolutely beautiful.

Bertie said...

Gorgeous, have missed your posts due to holiday. BBD is alway just fabulous and beautifully made.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful! I love the way that you finished the design into the pocket. Very unique!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews