Friday, July 22, 2011

My First Jellyroll

I know this is technically a stitching blog - But I find that quilting and stitching go so very well together!!!
I've  seen so many bloggers that stitch squares to make so many beautiful Quilts.
I must say that my interest has been peaked.  I am developing a great desire to own just one fabulous Quilt.  I know that I can learn the skills to do this & I am eagerly wanting to try.
I have been making Hexagon Flowers - And I certainly have enjoyed this endeavor:
But I also want to learn other styles of quilting
I entered a giveaway at Sew We Quilt @ Stash Manicure and to my surprise I actually won a jellyroll: 
 With some other goodies:
And an adorable card was included:
 I am so overjoyed with this gift !!!
I will be having fun next week attempting to make making a jellyroll quilt.
Thank you so much Madame Samm - for the generosity (and for the inspirational projects on your blog) 
Have a Great Weekend !!!!

13 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Congrats on your great win. Have fun using your jelly roll and making your first quilt!! Watch out, you just might get addicted :)

Margaret said...

Great win! I hope you enjoy your first jelly roll quilt! Love the hexies! Seems hexie fever is taking over. I'm dreaming about making a hexie star quilt myself. :D

Elizabeth Ann said...

What a fun package! You will enjoy sewing up that jelly roll, can hardly wait to see what you do with it. Your flower is beautiful. Your flower on the top of your blog is very pretty!
Have a great weekend....

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Jelly rolls are so much fun! They're precut to 2-2/1 inches wide, and come in 40 different colors. Congratulations on your win! I know you'll have fun making your quilt.

Nancy said...

Lucky you!!! Enjoy making your first jelly roll quilt!!

TammyK said...

Great job on the Hexagon Flower. I too have always wanted to make a quilt but seems like too many other things get in the way so I'll just live vicariously thru you. Good luck on the jelly roll quilt :)

gracie said...

Congrats on a great win! You can do it...!

Christine said...

Great prize, congratulations!

Christine said...

Oh, the quilting and patchwork bug! Welcome to the madness! Cross stitch, knitting, quilting ~ It's ALL good!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely fabrics and great win.

Lynn said...

Congrats on your win Patty! I have always had a desire to quilt but I think I have my hands full with my stitching right now. Perhaps one day I'll give it a try. I do love the fabrics. There are so many nice ones out there.

Mary Joy said...

Congratulations! You're very creative.

Lisa from video-guitar-lessons-personal-teacher

D@isy said...

How nice are running your hexagons. Congratulations on being the winner of the draw, beautiful gifts.

Enjoy them.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews