Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Working On My Tree ......

I am still working on my Exchange Stitching, But I am much closer to Completion.
Needing a Stitching Break - I decided
I wanted to add a few more ornaments to my tree.....
I added more gold balls & then decided I wanted to do something more.....
So I used an old Bible that was accidentally damaged some time ago 
(I just didn't have the heart to throw it away)
And did this:
And then I  used some of this....
 to do this...
 And let me tell you 
WHAT A MESS.
But I kept at it because I was determined to make something lovely for my tree.
So I ended up with a bowl full of these:
Now all I need is some gift tags, glitter & Ribbon.....
I'll show you the end result soon 
Have a wonderful day !





17 comments:

gracie said...

what a wonderful idea...and beautiful idea! they will make lovely deocorations/gifts for the tree.

Friendship Crossing said...

Hey Patty,
That is such a cool idea!!

***By the way ~ YOU won my giveaway for group C!!!! I'll email you and post about it tonite!
CONGRATS!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Siobhan said...

What a clever idea! Great job, Patty.

Shirlee said...

I agree ... what a clever idea! Blessings, Shirlee

Theresa said...

What a great idea on the ornament!!! Your tree is looking very handsome~~

cucki said...

yup..what a great idea..looking so nice.
your tree is very beautiful.
hugs xx

mariaerba said...

lovely idea ^___^
ciao Maria

Dot said...

What an absolutely gorgeous idea. I look forward to seeing the finished baubles. :o)

Lynn said...

These are going to be fabulous! It was a great idea although I can just imagine the mess. Your tree is looking lovely!

pam said...

Fantastic idea. Cannot wait to see the finish pieces.

Christine said...

Pretty tree and inspired baubles!

Penny said...

Your tree is beautiful and what a neat idea covering the balls! Can't wait to see them finished. :)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a great way to use a treasure too precious to throw away! They look great as they are, but I'm sure they'll have more sparkle soon :-)

Pumpkin said...

Brilliant idea!

Suzanne said...

Great idea!

Melanie said...

Ooooooo, this is a great project!!!

Mindi said...

I love the idea of decoupage ornaments! Now I'm going to have to wander around the house and find a book I can rip up, or maybe hit up a thrift store.

Blog Archive