Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I bought a fish !!

Ok - Like I needed another pet - lol
My sons & I were watching IP Man.
(Yes another martial arts film - Go figure I have a husband and 3 boys to deal with)
So I decided to take a run to Wal-Mart.
I remembered I needed some Goldfish food for my pond fish & then I saw it
A Crowntail Beta -
& he was so pretty.
He was crammed in a little container stacked on the shelf with a multitude of other fish.
And he was pushed all the way to the back of the shelf -
with two containers of fish on top of him.
It could be weeks before anyone noticed him
So I decided he needed me to save him.
After all, he is a "Japanese fighting fish" so the boys couldn't possibly argue with this decision......


I put him in a 11 inch Aquatic Garden Vase
Bought him some pretty rocks
Placed a Peace Lily in the top of the container (making sure to leave enough space for air)
And......
There you have it -
A beautiful home !!

I know it's a bit girly for a fighting fish,
but I don't think he will complain considering his previous circumstances

Do you want to see my little tenant.
Here he is:


Beautiful colors don't you think.

And wouldn't you know it
There's an IP Man 2 movie 

Too bad you can only put one fighting fish in a container !!!
I guess I will have to watch this one!

I hope you are enjoying your week....




26 comments:

cucki said...

so sweet xxx

Margaret said...

Oh, he's a pretty one! Glad you saved him!

Barbara said...

What beautiful colors....Mother Nature did well by him.
Blessings

Chris said...

Beautiful! Does he have a name ?

gracie said...

He really is so pretty.

Shirlee said...

Very pretty! Blessings, Shirlee

MooseStash Quilting said...

I used to have one in my sewing room. It was so peaceful to stitch and watch my fish. I went on a little Va Ca and my hubby over fed him and he died... Arrrrgh. I need to get another one, some day when I am not going to leave home for more than a day! :-) Beautiful fish you have.

Carol said...

Amazing colors, Patty! Glad you rescued him from Walmart :)

Mouse said...

awww he's lovely :) and glad you gave him a nice home :0 love mouse xxxx

Elizabeth Ann said...

I bet he likes his new house a lot better than Wal-Mart! Very pretty fish, does he have enough room in that little jar? Will he get bigger? Have a fun day!

Pat Matejcek said...

He is beautiful!! He looks happy that you saved him!!

Ziggyeor said...

Oh pretty fish! LOL just get another container for another one. Just be careful when putting decorations. My friend read where they liked hiding spots so she put terracotta pots in their bowls. Well one was pot was small enough or the fish was fat enough it got stuck in there and she had to very gently break the pot to get him out! It did survive though.

marly said...

When the peace lily jar became the rage, all of our doctor offices had displays. Some times an entire shelf with a different colored fish in each one. They are beautiful and nice to watch while waiting an hour for the doc!

Patty C. said...

His name is IP
(We shouldnt buy pets when watching movies - lol)

Patty C. said...

He is pretty small right now but as he grows he will need room to spread his fins.

And after i bought him i read its not the best to keep him in the aquatic vase - it will do for now but i will probably buy him a tank- the container is huge compared to the one he was in so its still an improvement

Patty C. said...

I bet that was pretty. I just read you have to really watch them close when in the jars- keep it clean & keep the fish fed so it wont eat the plant- i will keep a close eye on him ;)

Lesleyanne said...

He is gorgeous - great colours.

Lynn said...

He's much too handsome to be left behind! Truly gorgeous colours!

Krista said...

what a pretty fish! :)

pam said...

Looks like a lovely home to me! His vivid colors are wonderful too.

Christine said...

He is beautiful

Rebecca said...

Such a beautiful fish. I love his blue color. He looks very happy in his new home.

Pumpkin said...

I love fish! He's so pretty :o) Does he have a name yet?

Theresa said...

Wow~~ So pretty~~~~ His colors are amazing! No wonder you have to bring him home~

nancy huggins said...

Glad you were able to save him :) I remember having the 8 boys all at home and the variety of pets they had...at least yours is pretty to look at :)

Yesy said...

Muy hermoso y tiene unos colores hermosos.

Yesy

Blog Archive