Friday, February 17, 2012

Japanese Silk Thimbles

I found a wonderful website when looking through Pinterest.
It is called
This blog displays the loveliest Silk thimbles I have ever seen.
So I ordered a starter kit from her Etsy shop
It had wonderful instructions & I am thrilled with my first attempt:

Now - you must go and see her thimbles because they definitely put mine to shame -
Hers are just gorgeous & much more intricate than my starter thimble.
And she uses such vibrant colors.......


It's amazing what all can be done with a little thread and some  ingenuity
Have a Great Weekend

9 comments:

gracie said...

I always want to get a starter kit...I think I may have to do it!

Nicola said...

Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a good weekend with lots of stitching time.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great job, Patty! I like the way you photographed it, as well - very pretty!

Susan said...

Wow - that is really cute! I've never seen them before.

Thanks for sharing this on my stitching party!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Margaret said...

I've been wanting to try to make one too!!!! I have her site bookmarked -- just haven't taken the leap yet. Beautiful job!

Pumpkin said...

Wow! Beautiful work :o) Thanks for the link Patty.

Lynn said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! You've done a fantastic job with your starter kit. It's very pretty!
It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with a needle and thread!

Krista said...

Very unique. Yours came out great! Have a great weekend.

Joy said...

I've never seen these...pretty. Can't wait to see yours.

Blog Archive