Friday, March 2, 2012

Fabulous Find & Garden progress....

I just wanted to show you some new products I found at Walmart.
Here is the first 
This is the new packaging for Dentyne gum - without the label of course.
I'm thinking a great container to hold tatting thread .....

And here is the next fabulous find:
Feed the Hungry by purchasing these peppermints & then store your needles in this cute little container -
It's the perfect size for a small stitching bag.
It's a win win situation !
...............................................................................
I didn't get much stitching time this week but I did do more work in my yard:
I almost finished cleaning the trellis area - I removed the huge grassy plant that was back by the fence.
And i sprayed weed killer all over the stones in the walkway.
When the weeds die you will see "Dave & Patty" etched in the stones  :)
And then I cut back some old autumn ferns & placed them in pots.
You can see the new fronds trying to peak through the old leaves:
And I planted some flowers in my containers:
4 days of intensive yard work is enough for me !!!!!!
Sooooo.....
my husband bought me some goodies to brighten my week:
He found a fern for my porch:
I absolutely love ferns !!!
And he purchased some stitching magazines & a quilt book he found on sale:
Now that's a Wonderful Gift ;)
Enjoy your weekend
Have fun crossing those X's ....

18 comments:

Shirlee said...

Your yard work is paying off ... everything looks wonderful! And what a sweet husband you have to surprise you with some gifts : ) Have a great weekend! Blessings, Shirlee

gracie said...

Love your ideas.....

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I love your pathway and planting borders in your garden, Patty! So pretty!!

Great WM finds, too and wow! What a sweet hubby!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I love your pathway and planting borders in your garden, Patty! So pretty!!

Great WM finds, too and wow! What a sweet hubby!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Cute finds, gifts, and a lovely garden. It must be Spring in your area, too! I like your updated blog look.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Sweet husband, my husband doesn't have a clue about such wonderful magazines BUT he knows about that quilt laying on the floor in the living room! Love those flowers, I have snow....

CalamityJr said...

Great storage ideas, and wonderful yard work. You're going to enjoy being out there! Now go enjoy your weekend with your sweet husband's gifts...

Deb said...

It's great to find things that you can reuse once you're finished with the contents. Your walkway looks wonderful, and your husband did good with those gifts.

pam said...

Can you clone that husband? He actually bought you crafting materials.... I am in shock. Can we have him train mine? Yard looks fantastic!

milly said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your blog.

Your container ideas are great and your yard looks good. I love the pretty container of flowers.

What a great husband!

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Pumpkin said...

Those are some neat items! Great imagination ;o)

That was very sweet of your DH!

marly said...

Your yard is looking great. And what a thoughtful husband!

Christine said...

Your garden looks lovely, and that was so thoughtful of your husband

Mindi said...

The yard is looking great, its going to be the perfect space to sit and relax in this spring, with all the gorgeous plants.

mountainstitcherontheplains said...

What a great guy - such a thoughtful gift!!! He's a keeper for sure!
Debby

mountainstitcherontheplains said...

What a great guy - such a thoughtful gift!!! He's a keeper for sure!
Debby

Shari said...

oh wow....I saw those mints at Walmart today & I almost bought them, but didn't.....now I wish I would have....I didn't even think about using the container for needles.....great idea!!

April said...

Yard is looking great!! I went to mow my grass today.. All three lawnmower's batteries were dead!! lol I lucked out.. I came back in and went to stitching!! lol

Blog Archive