Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stitching News Galore .....

How has everyone been doing?
I hope you all have been having fun crossing some x's.
I have really enjoyed looking through all of your wonderful blogs -
So many of you are so creative and have had such inspiring posts ....

 I do need to discuss a recent problem that has developed ....

I am addicted to Ebay
I have managed to aquire some lovely stash for GREAT prices-
And this becomes very addictive to a stitcher who has 3 of her 4 children in college -
The bargains are so tempting !!!!

And I just love the OOP charts that are available !!!

And if this weren't exciting enough, I received the MOST beautiful scissor fob I  have ever seen.
Jolene from Dip Diddly Designs and I had a private Exchange.
She sent me this beautiful gift:
(Finished to perfection !!!)
And she also included a lovely pincushion pattern & a Shepherds Bush Kit:

(Entirely unexpected but so much appreciated)

Additionally, I won a beautiful pin cushion from
Seams Like A Dream Quilt Designs
Isn't it just darling !!!


It will look so good in my Basket of Smalls ..


And......
I am working on a thread project from
Between Crosses with Nina
Her thread conversion is just gorgeous -
But you will  have to wait until my next post to see that !!!!

Don't forget to check out the Giveaway listed in my side bar from
Mary Wind Farm
It's AMAZING !!!!!

Have a Great Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 comments:

Barb said...

I feel your pain! Ebay can be dangerous!

Margaret said...

Lovely exchange from Jolene! Lovely pincushion and ebay stash too!

sunny said...

Oh don't get me started on eBay. It cana be very tempting, so I try to stay far away. Love your stitcheries, and that is a beautiful scissor fob.

marly said...

Never pass up a bargain! Even if you don't really need it, it's a great gift or exchange for someone that has been searching for that old chart. It's amazing how some charts go for big $$$$ and then the same chart goes for pennies the next month. You just never know! Beautiful gift from Jolene.

Faye said...

You have been bitten by the E-bug my dear.....AND, have scored on a couple wonderful pieces from friends...Now, I cannot wait to see the Nina project! I am saving my Nina threads for something oh so special...Can't wait to see what you have to show us~~ Take care, Faye

Jackie said...

I try and stay off ebay. It's just too easy. You scored some great stash though!

Joy said...

I am a eBayoholic also! LOL Not just because I have 2 out of 3 in college, but the wonderful bargins! Great gifts!

unikat said...

Gyönyörű kincsek!

Gabi said...

I don't know what it is with OOP charts. But I'm addicted to them too. And I have bought all you show (minus one) as well...lol...mostly on ebay.

Septiembre said...

Your purchase Ebay is great ... I do not buy on Ebay and so miss good opportunities.
The fob and scissors are very pretty and very cheerful pincushion.
Have a good weekend.
(I use the translator)

Nina said...

Enjoy the goodies, all are fantastic, the fob is gorgeous!! :)

♥ Nia said...

Wow! Great new stash :D
Congrats on your gifts, all lovely :)
Hugs&smiles

cucki said...

Aww sweet new charts and lovely exchange gift :)
Sweet pin cushion..
Enjoy your stitching xxx

Shirlee said...

Lovely private exchange gifts & win : ) Congratulations on your new stash. Finding OOPs is always exciting : )

Chris said...

Lots of wonderful stitching stuff to be excited about! Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

You got some wonderful charts, Patty!! I just bought some lovelies myself from Ebay--sometimes the prices are just too good to pass up :)

Lovely gifts from your exchange--enjoy!!

Solstitches said...

You have some lovely additions to your stash there.
Beautiful gifts from Jolene. The fob is gorgeous.
Love the pretty pincushion also.
Margaret

Scattered Threads said...

Nice stash. Ebay is tempting and I don't "need" anymore stash but continually buy them too.

Vickie said...

Ooooh yes, ebay is rather addictive for things like that. I have gotten many of my stitchy things there. Beautiful gifts.

BrendaS said...

Patty -- You really did get some great finds on Ebay! Beautiful pincushion and what a wonderful surprise of the SB kit, lucky you:)

Melanie said...

Hahaha! That's why I don't go poking around there - NO SELF CONTROL. NONE. :)

You have a great weekend too!!!!!

Anne said...

Great score on the charts Patti! I've almost bought a Good huswife pattern on Ebay but didn't...bit scared of it! Lovely pin cushion and fob you received!

Viola di Nebbia said...

Wow!!! Fantastic gifts and patterns *.* Really lovely!!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

If I try really hard (well, actually not so hard!) I can ALWAYS justify a stash purchase - I ironed, I dusted, I shopped, I cleaned, I ..... well, I must have done something today that means I can have it. Just as the L'Oreal advert says 'Because I'm worth it' Irene xxxx

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, I've had this particular affliction for several years now. My stash has been greatly enhance by ebay over the years. It's very addictive! I love your new additions and that fob you received is wonderful.

pam said...

I want that barricks chart when your done!:) Stay away from the Bay of Evil :)

Blog Archive