Monday, February 3, 2014

New Crafting Adventure ...


When i was younger my mother had a wonderful collection of handmade dolls.
As i was reflecting on the charming quality & creativity of the dolls from my childhood;
I felt inspired to try making my own.
I browsed primitive doll patterns on
 pattern mart
And decided to use a pattern from
 Threadbare Primitives

I changed the color but used the same basic design.  I still need to make the apron but I am thrilled with the results so far ..

It was so fun trying something new!
Enjoy your creative time &
Be blessed !!!

13 comments:

gracie said...

She is adorable....

Margaret said...

That's just wonderful! I love her!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Awww! She's adorable, Patty. I bet my DH wishes my mouth were sewn shut like that! Heck, sometime I wish it were, too!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Awww...how sweet :)

Ma Teakettle said...

OMW Patty! She is fabulous! I just love her! You should be thrilled and proud of yourself…
She made my day :)
Hugs
Ma

Annette said...

I have never seen such a kind sof doll.
It looks awesome!!

Carol said...

Oh, how sweet, Patty--I love her hair :)

Bianca said...

Your doll came out great!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, she's such a little sweetie. Great job!

Sherry said...

love handmade dolls! My very favorite are old lady dolls! They have so much personality!

Melanie said...

Super cute! I just love anything even VAGUELY Raggedy Ann-ish. This is adorable.

Mylene said...

Oh so cute!

Kathy Ellen said...

What a wonderfully creative and unique doll! Love her too!

Blessings!